Tuesday 23 October 2012

My Perfect Sunday

As I already told you guys my weekend started off with a delightful girls night in raising money for breast cancer care and then Saturday saw the not so delightful task of cleaning the flat. Think deep clean, oven, carpets...you name it we cleaned it!

By Sunday I was in need of some relaxation so I headed to the East to see my other half. We wandered down Columbia Road looking at the beautiful flowers and then headed to Brick Lane to the market.

We still couldn't settle on what we wanted to do so we wandered on to Whitechapel and then down to Tower Bridge taking in the quietness of the city. It was so peaceful it felt like we were in a countryside of sorts. We wandered along to St Katherine's dock, stopping off at The Dickens Inn for a nice pub lunch. I had delicious cajun salmon and my other half had a pie (any chance to have something glutinous!)


It was the type of Sunday that I just love but it wasn't over. We wandered back home and had a nap for a couple of hours before being woken up to play Scrabble. With a roaring fire projected on the wall, mug of tea in hand and a game of Scrabble it felt like a wintery evening round the fire.

Scrabble was followed by a delicious meal of melt in the mouth gammon, kale and roast potatoes, a film and a glass of wine.

Now thats what I call a perfect Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment