Tuesday 16 October 2012

Winter Wear

Last time I wrote I asked the universe to give us a summer or at least some warmer weather, unfortunately it never arrived but in a roundabout way the universe did deliver on my other wish...to have a reason to go shopping.

Now I love to shop at the best of times but when living is so expensive, it can often be hard to find time and funds to go shopping. Luckily for me, this all happened to come together one rather quiet Monday evening when a friend had the genius idea of going to buy knitwear.

We all moan about how we hate winter and how miserable the weather is but we do enjoy the plus sides of the weather getting colder. For instance, in the summer you can't get excited about chunky knit or cable knit but in winter you can but more than shopping Autumn/Winter allows you to be a big kid.

Kicking your feet through the fallen leaves is allowed and strongly advised. Making snowmen, throwing snowballs and sledging is actively encouraged. Drinking mulled wine and eating certain foods is only acceptable in the winter.

So in readiness for Autumn/Winter, I purchased my Christmas knitwear and am embracing the changing weather because somehow the world looks a little more beautiful at this time of year.


So, when it starts getting chilly lets not complain, lets embrace our winter wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment