Tuesday 6 November 2012

Meat Feast

I expect many of you have been eagerly awaiting news of the meat banquet and I have to say only now have I felt able to write about this colossal meal.

The process started off with the below meats:



Bottom left: Pig's Trotters
Top left: Pork Hand
Top Right: Rabbit
Bottom Right: Lamb's Hearts

The Pork Hand was scored, rubbed and chucked in the oven to slow roast for a couple of hours, whilst the trotters were boiled, stripped and fried; the rabbit was casseroled and the hearts were stuffed. With so much in the oven it was hard to keep track of timings but we persevered in the quest for delicious food.




The veg was boiled, the mustard mash mashed and the meats were soon ready. The taste adventure began with everyone sampling each meat accompanied by a glass of red wine. Now I can be squeamish but every dish was delicious in its own way. I was most scared of the heart as I don't really like liver and had a feeling the texture would be the same but it wasn't it was rich and gamey and at times I forgot what I was eating and just enjoyed the flavours.

The best part of the meal was combining all the flavours for one mammoth taste sensation. I know for many of you this post won't turn you towards under used cuts of meat but the trotters, hearts and pork hand combined cost less than a tenner but also gave an added enjoyment for us as we pondered how to cook our meats. Lets just say that given the choice I would choose a meal like this over the supermarket meats any day!

Can't wait for my next culinary adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment