Tuesday 4 September 2012

Expect the unexpected

I warned you to expect the unexpected from this blog so I thought that today rather than talk about my day, because lets face it nothing interesting has happened, but share a poem that I wrote a long time ago.

It was one of the things I kept private and hidden away but its about friendship and I think all of us have had times in our life that let us relate to this poem. So here it is:


These People

As I sit crying these tears, feeling lost and alone, feeling like my world has ended; I see the faces of those I count so dear to me and as the tears begin to wane, I no longer see faces but people. There’s the one holding my hand not saying a word just offering comfort, there’s the one wiping away the tears that are stinging my eyes, there’s the one begging me to fight this and there’s the one holding me together.

I can see my light flickering as this monster chokes me. I see my body convulsing in front of me and those people don’t move. I want to shield their selfless eyes from the horror my body is inflicting on them. Instead they sit in a circle, holding hands, silenced by my cries of agony, forcing me to keep fighting and they’re pulling me back from the brink. Their power is guiding me back to a body I had left redundant. Their power puts the beat back in my heart.



Friendship is one of the most powerful things we have and I know I take my friends for granted so this is for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment